This happens every time.
When I get home I’m just really disoriented.
When for more than a week you’re primate goal is to go and survive (or is that survive and go) you get to point of routine.
My days consisted of:
- Break camp
- Make instant coffee
- Batten down the bike
- Head to the next location (and tour around in the process)
- Find some internet to post (more later)
- Get some lunch
- Go some more
- Get gas and something to eat
- Find a camp
- Set up camp
- Make dinner
- Clean up and make the camp bear safe
- Figure out where to go the next day
This gets to be comforting in a Stockholm Syndrome type of way.
Break the routine and things just are strange.
I guess you have to ask why I do this, but I’ve already answered it.
It doesn’t change the result though.
All I could wind up doing today was ingest all the media I took on the trip. Perhaps 300-400GB or so. I’m trying to come up with a narrative for my movie now.
I use the term movie in a loose way, by the way. :-)