Outside my window I’ve bee watching the new Amazon building slowly come to life. Honestly, it’s been quickly given all it takes. When I moved to Coral, the building I’m working in last February that building was literally a hole in the ground. In eight months it’s gotten to what you see there.
The part that I find fascinating is that you can see the whole process in one scene.
From the top down:
- Building core – cast concrete
- Ironwork with the girders that form the structure of the building
- Floor support – the corrugated steel that’s laid onto the girders
- Welding – from the red platform suspended on the side of the building
- Floor reinforcement – rebar placed on the floor
- Floor concrete behind the black curtain to keep out the wind
- Fire systems like sprinklers
- Fire proofing behind the green curtain
- Building mechanicals
All in one shot.
I can look at them work all day long… which is good because that’s what I see out my window. :-)
Today they cast the final floor in the building: #38 is done and setting as I’m writing this. I’m sure there’ll be a celebration for the guys on Monday.