imageI took a screw (ok, a cover screw, it doesn’t hold anything together) off my Leica. In the picture there it’s the slotted screw above the lens.

All the instructions are online.

Under the screw was a little portal in which was another screw. This screw adjusts the vertical alignment of the rangefinder patch.

Not only did I remove something from my camera (that is too expensive) I moved something on the inside. All it takes is a 2mm allen wrench and you can alternately fix or screw up your camera.

Maybe a degree or two counterclockwise was all it took. Now the rangefinder patch is spot on.

The cover screw back on and all is well.

Even though I stopped drinking for a bit I needed a glass of something to calm my nerves after opening up a camera that is, again, too expensive.