Last week I wrote about the left turn signal that suddenly became inoperable on my bike. I ordered replacement switches from DigiKey and they came in today.

The thing with this assembly (and I forgot to take pictures of the insides, sorry) is that it’s not really intended to get serviced. There are no connections that aren’t soldered and there is essentially no excess wiring.

I was able to bodge in the new switch and solder the new leads onto the existing harness.

 

AND IT WORKED!  :-D

I was even able to completely reuse the plastic housing, so I didn’t have to try to 3D print out my own.

So instead of spending over $300 for a new assembly, I just spent around $10, including shipping, to solve the problem myself. (I also ordered three more in case another switch dies, the shipping was more than the cost of an additional switch by a bunch)