Yesterday I put together the pieces I cut on Tuesday to get done with the primary outer enclosure for the slide scanner. The bottom has the rotary mechanism I wrote about in the past. It’s not going to sit on the bottom, there will be another piece of MDF holding that roughly midway up the enclosure. On the left side I’ll mount my Canon 5DmkII with a 100mm macro lens. The far side will contain a pair of Logitech webcams that will image the slide mounts, both top, and bottom.

I just need to route a slot for the tripod screw (a 1/4-20 allthread that I’ll use). I have a router on order to accomplish that task. Until then I can mount the rotary as well as sort out the lighting for the apparatus.

Progress!