Today I got the top mounted after yesterday’s failed attempt. Instead of the dominoes I used a copious amount of screws to hold the top onto the base. The bases are also screwed into the wall as well as to each other so there won’t be any shifting of anything from here on out.

What this allows me to do is to apply a goodly coating of epoxy to smooth out any unevenness of the joints:

The end result after a bit of sanding looks really rather nice!

After this was the priming…

to…

The cool thing is you can’t even see the joints! :-D

There’s a joint right in the middle that you can’t really even see!