Over the last week or so we’ve done a LOT of clearing of brush and weeds from our land. And the city only comes quarterly to pick up compost stuff — we already had gathered several yards of scrub that we needed to get rid of.

Thankfully we found a barrel in “septic island” that the previous owners tried to burn stuff in. But they didn’t do it right and there wasn’t nearly enough oxygen to get the fire truly going. I fixed that.

I also used the new Stihl brush trimmer to lop off a bunch of the overgrowth from the drainage ditch… and that was as dry as kindling.

One thing led to another and before long it was all going up in smoke.

:-)